[LLVMdev] Running "make check" on Windows yields lots of unwarrented unexpected failures (HTML free this time:-)

Dirk Steinke steinke.dirk.ml at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 31 06:11:14 PDT 2010

Hi,

sorry, in my last mail, I didn't check in time that HTML e-mails would
be turned off.
So, checking out llvm/clang yesterday under Win32, building it, and
running the "check"-project using MS Visual Studio yielded 177
unexpected failures, many of which happen because of the different
registers used in passing arguments under Win64 and everybody else
on x86-64.
I would be willing to provide patches for these tests, but I would like
to know if there is a preferred solution.
I see the following approaches:
1. Add a working triple (like x86_64-pc-linux-gnu) to the failing tests.
2. Basically like 1., but add another test line for the registers used
    in Win64.
3. XFAIL the test for Win64 (or in that case: mingw64).
4. Relax the tested patterns, so that they accept (at least) both
    possible registers.

Again, sorry for the double-post.
Bye
Dirk