[LLVMdev] Sparc back end fix

Raghu Prabhakar raghu at cs.ucla.edu
Mon Nov 22 10:27:09 PST 2010

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the patch. I had a few questions though - just to make sure that I get the problem correctly. Currently, here is your flow, as I understand it :

        x86 llvm-gcc binary        llc -march=sparc       gcc cross/sparc

Is this correct? Or did you manage to build the llvm-gcc source on a sparc machine?

Also, does your flow work correctly for programs with C++ constructs (take any standard benchmark...e.g. PARSEC's streamcluster.cpp as an example program)? The reason I am asking this is because I partly succeeded in building the llvm-gcc frontend on a SPARC machine..which works fine for C programs. However, programs which involve C++ constructs do not succeed. Although I am yet to figure out the reason, I wanted to know if you ran into similar problems.

Thanks.
Raghu.