[LLVMdev] PowerPC : Assertion `MovePCtoLROffset && "MovePCtoLR not seen yet?"' failed.

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+cl at mega-nerd.com
Fri Nov 5 16:56:34 PDT 2010

Török Edwin wrote:

> I've seen this problem too, with same situation (64 kernel, 32
> userspace). Looks like configure is wrong about the target?

Actually, I'm not sure.

Even though my debian PPC machine has a 64 bit kernel with a
32 bit userspace, it does support 64 bit programs. The distro
supplied C compiler by default generates 32 bit binaries but
if I pass it -m64 on the command line will generate 64 bit
binaries.

It would be however be nice if the configure could do the right
thing on systems with 64 bit kernel and 32 bit userspace.

Cheers,
Erik