[LLVMdev] C++ interface for metadta

guyadini guyadini at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 08:56:25 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm new to LLVM, so this might be a stupid question - I apologize if I've
just missed it.

I've read about the way metadata is represented in the LLVM 2.7 IR, but
can't figure
out how to write it into the IR explicitly.

Can someone please show me a very simple example of a pass that iterates
over functions
and attaches metadata to them, and another pass that reads it and decides
what to do
(i.e print/ don't print to screen) according to the metadata that the first
pass has written?

Thanks a lot,
Guy