[LLVMdev] Interpreter with multiple modules.

Thomas W. twilmotte at student.ulg.ac.be
Wed Feb 3 06:40:49 PST 2010

Garrison Venn wrote:

> I have not used the C api or the interpreter, but via JIT one can use
> ExecutionEngine::addGlobalMapping(...) after the function decl in the
> foreign module. See if there is an equivalent in the C API, which will
> probably work for the interpreter given that this method is declared in
> ExecutionEngine. Also search for a previous email thread in this list.
> This discussion was fairly recent, and I believe I responded to it.
>
> Hope this helps
>
> Garrison

Thanks.

There is a addGlobalMapping(...) function in the C api, but it's not what
I'm looking for. I want the interpreter to automatically link the two
modules. What I want is the following : if the interpreter don't see the
function definition in a module, then it looks at each modules I have
previously added and if it find the function, then it run it just as if it
was in the module.

I will take a look at the previous thread as you suggest me.

Thomas.