[LLVMdev] Reviewer for our Path Profiling Implementation

Andrew Trick atrick at apple.com
Fri Dec 24 16:06:33 PST 2010

On Dec 21, 2010, at 7:57 AM, Bob Wilson wrote:

>> To get some idea about the number of people who could be involved in a
>> project like this, I would like to ask for a quick show of hands: Who would
>> be interested in contributing code to LLVM-with-profiling? (Either actual
>> profiling code, or passes that use profiling information.)
>> Who would want to use the branch, even without contributing?
>
> I'd really prefer to work on trunk.

In the near term Adam's patch profiling should be checked into llvm/trunk. I think it's important that it live on the same tree as the current llvm profilers with which it's tightly integrated. As we work toward implementing Bob's profiling proposal, it will either need to be integrated with the new framework or it will be removed along with the other stale profilers. Even if it's removed from trunk, the original implementation will still be available in working condition from subversion. We should be able to maintain a reference to it in the latest source or docs.

-Andy