[LLVMdev] [cfe-dev] Modify the LLVM front-end to support EFI C and Add LLVM to EFI Byte Code(EBC) target

David Chisnall theraven at sucs.org
Fri Dec 17 06:06:03 PST 2010

On 17 Dec 2010, at 03:15, Michael Spencer wrote:

> As long as EFI C isn't radically different from normal C, I would
> suggest adding a EBC target to LLVM first. Otherwise you have no way
> to test the clang modifications.

As was stated in the last post on this subject, EFI C has integer types that have a size determined at run time.  I can't see how this would be integrated into the existing IRGen infrastructure in clang without some serious modification, nor how you would represent these in LLVM IR.  Mapping from a language that has variable-sized ints, to a target that has variable-sized ints, via an intermediate representation that does not have variable-sized ints would be tricky, I suspect.

David

-- Sent from my PDP-11