[LLVMdev] final call for projects that work with LLVM 2.7 - icedtea6 got support

Xerxes RĂ„nby xerxes at zafena.se
Thu Apr 22 02:56:41 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-21 06:37, Chris Lattner wrote:
> If your project works with LLVM 2.7 and you want it included in the release notes, please email me a blurb to include ASAP.
>
> -Chris

Hi

The platformindependent OpenJDK Icedtea6 Shark JIT have been updated to
support LLVM 2.7.
Here are the icedtea externalproj doc_section for inclusion in the
release notes :

-Xerxes

*<!--=========================================================================-->*
*<div class=**"doc_subsection"**>*
*<a name=**"icedtea"**>*IcedTea Java Virtual Machine Implementation*</a>*
*</div>*

*<div class=**"doc_text"**>*
*<p>*
*<a href=**"http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/Main_Page"**>*IcedTea*</a>* provides a
harness to build OpenJDK using only free software build tools and to provide
replacements for the not-yet free parts of OpenJDK.  One of the extensions that
IcedTea provides is a new JIT compiler named *<a
href=**"http://icedtea.classpath.org/wiki/ZeroSharkFaq"**>*Shark*</a>* which uses LLVM
to provide native code generation without introducing processor-dependent
code.
*</p>
*

*<p>*Icedtea6 1.8 and later have been tested and are known to work with
LLVM 2.7 (and continue to work with older LLVM releases >= 2.6 as well).
*</p>*
*</div>*