[LLVMdev] OT: intel darwin losing primary target status

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Sep 18 12:11:55 PDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 11:13:52AM -0700, Nick Kledzik wrote:

> Has something changed in the FSF unwinder that clients of gcc will want?
>
> -Nick

Nick,
   I've always built FSF gcc as a stock build (which defaults to the
FSF libgcc for linking). The last time I can recall seeing anyone
build FSF gcc against the system libgcc was related to the thread...

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2008-11/msg00280.html

I believe this was being done with --with-slibdir='\$\${prefix}/ lib'.
Tonight I'll try building like that under SL and see what happens. It
is very non-standard though for how everyone builds FSF gcc on darwin.
                  Jack