[LLVMdev] llc - generation of native machine code

Rudskyy tema13tema at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 1 09:12:56 PDT 2009

----- Original Message ----
> From aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com  Mon Jul 27 15:14:40 2009
> From: aaronngray.lists at googlemail.com (Aaron Gray)
> Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 21:14:40 +0100
> Subject: [LLVMdev] llc - generation of native machine code
>
> > On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 8:25 AM, Rudskyy<tema13tema at yahoo.de> wrote:
> > > But now I am looking for generation of machine code for my target. I
have
> > > seen, that ?llc? has option "-filetype".
> > >
> > > It has default value "-filetype=asm", but has more values, as
> > > "-filetype=obj" and "-filetype=dynlib".
> > >
> > > ?obj? is very interesting, but it till not supported L
> >
> > There's work in progress to make this work properly, but it's still a
> > while off.  See http://wiki.llvm.org/Direct_Object_Code_Emission .
> >
> Hi,
>
> We are "short circuiting" alot of this work in order to hopefully get
basic
> working ELF and COFF writers into the next release of LLVM. Alot of the
DOCE
> work is toward a longer goal of providing linkers for LLVM.
> It is best to talk to Chris Lattner and Bruno Cardoso about the ELF
writer.
> You would need to add support for you target CPU such as relocation
> information and debugging information.
>
> Bruno is working on his GSoC project and will be doing both ELF and DWARF
> support, the DWARF support probably wont be ready until the end of
September
> though.
>
> There is very basic functioning ELF for X86 on SVN now. Patches for other
> target archetectures are most welcome

Hi Aaron!

I have seen on SVN a last version. Yes! It supports now ELF for X86,
perfect! But debug information ( .debug - sections) not implemented. I am
looking for a possibility to use a LLVM with a debugger GDB. And GDB works
with DWARF debug information.

Will be continue a work with ELF-Writer for support of a debug? Or is there
any other ideas for debug?

I will add an ELF-Writer to my project (xPEC - processor from chip NetX)!

Sank you!

--Tema

Best regards,

Artem Rudskyy