[LLVMdev] lli on ARM simulator

Geoffrey Tochukwu Ndu ndug at cs.man.ac.uk
Sun May 3 07:25:52 PDT 2009

Hello,

I am new to LLVM and complier development, am more comfortable with logic
gates. However, I am part of a research project that intends to develop a
co-designed virtual machine reconfigurable computing, the virtual machine
controls a reconfigurable fabric in addition to a microprocessor. The
microprocessor may be an ARM and the system should employ a JIT to generate
code for the processor and the fabric. We are thinking of leveraging the
LLVM infrastructure for this project. It has most of the stuff we need, a
front-end, an extensible low level IR and a JIT.

I am currently looking at LLVM's JIT and would like to build an lli tool
for an ARM simulator such as simple scalar. I would be grateful if someone
could point me in the right direction.

geoffrey