[LLVMdev] LLVM test-suite

Duncan Sands baldrick at free.fr
Sat Mar 28 13:35:50 PDT 2009

Hi Aaron,

> How do I get the LLVM test-suite to work I have followed the /docs/TestingGuide.html but cannot seem to get it to work. I have tried many variations, but get no joy. The docmunetation does not appear very clear.

(1) check out the testsuite.  The default name of the checkout is "test-suite".
(2) move it into llvm/projects/, changing the name to llvm-test, so now you
have an "llvm/projects/llvm-test" directory.  I don't know if the name change
really matters.
(3) configure/reconfigure llvm (as if about to build llvm).  This way the
configure machinery will notice that the testsuite is now there.
(4) if building in a separate objects directory you should have a
"projects/llvm-test/" subdirectory of the objects directory now.
Change directory into it.  If building in the llvm tree, change
directory to llvm/projects/llvm-test/.  You should now be inside a
directory called "llvm-test".
(5) run "make".

Ciao,

Duncan.