[LLVMdev] secure virtual architecture / safecode

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 25 13:44:37 PDT 2009

John,

We (more accurately, John Criswell and Brice Lin) are working on a
debugging version of SAFECode right now, which should be robust enough
to play with soon.

What kinds of embedded codes do you have in mind?  One of our goals
has been to minimize or even eliminate run-time checks for embedded
code that meets certain restrictions.  You can see the following paper
for more details:
	"Memory Safety Without Garbage Collection for Embedded Applications"
	http://llvm.org/pubs/2005-02-TECS-SAFECode.html
I'd be happy to discuss this further, on or off the list.

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science
http://llvm.org/~vadve