[LLVMdev] secure virtual architecture / safecode

John Regehr regehr at cs.utah.edu
Wed Mar 25 10:24:22 PDT 2009

SVA/safecode looks interesting.  Is it available to play with?  I grepped
for strings such as "sva" "secure" "safecode" in the LLVM source tree and
didn't find anything, nor did I see obvious links to implementations from
the project web pages.

In the short term, questions I'd be interested in answering are: What
happens when embedded codes that I care about (which currently lack an LLVM
backend but that's a detail...) are compiled safely?  Can Safecode beat
Deputy in terms of code size and RAM usage?

Thanks,

John Regehr