[LLVMdev] "LLVM powered Mono"

Zoltan Varga vargaz at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 08:49:09 PDT 2009

Hi,

  mono implements its own exception handling mostly for historical reasons,
and for
compatibility with ms.net (as ms.net exception handling is based on windows
seh, and I'm
not sure the linux c++ abi can implement all .net exception handling
features like filter
clauses). So to make this work with llvm, we would have to throw out mono's
current
exception handling system, which we are not keen to do.

                        Zoltan