[LLVMdev] "LLVM powered Mono"

Yanko Hernández yhdezalvarez at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:49:01 PDT 2009

Sorry for being a newbie on the matter, but could someone explain the
comment (in response to: "Considering it [LLVM] supports three other
languages with try/catch clauses just fine (C++, Ada, and now, Java),
I think it would be incorrect to say "it is not able to support some
of the features"."):
The issue is that the exception handling as implemented by LLVM
implements the C++ ABI which is different from Mono's exception
handling.

It does not seem like this will change anytime soon.

Is llvm exception handing general enough to support mono? Is there any
drawbacks to use llvm exception handling instead of mono's?