[LLVMdev] LLVM MinGW binaries on Vista issue

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Wed Dec 16 08:34:08 PST 2009

Hello, Jon

> What threw me was the projects inclusion of 2 of the 3 other pieces that make up a typical manual install of mingw or http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/  I saw the runtime and w32api stuff in my very quick scan of the llvm-gcc dir and didn't bother to confirm binutils :(
Well, binutils are quite different:
1. It's GPL-licensed, thus we need to provide sources as well, which
is bit inconvenient
2. You need to have headers & libs in predefined dirs to let gcc /
llvm-gcc pick them w/o any additional options, this is not case of
binutils - you just need stuff in path

> Take me up on my offer to submit a doc patch...point me to the proper html source and I'll send you a diff for review.
Just grab the GettingStarted.html page, seems to be pretty convenient place.

Thanks!
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov