[LLVMdev] Support for frontend in Windows

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Fri Apr 10 04:31:17 PDT 2009

> What is the recommended way to get a front-end to run on Windows? I
> have been able to successfully compile on Linux.
You mean llvm-gcc? Then, the same way as on linux modulo some
windows-specific weirdness. If you do not have any experience with
building of gcc on windows I'd suggest you to use pre-built tarballs.

> I'm worried about documents stating all the shortcomings of the Visual
> Studio compiled version, but I do have mingw. Is there a guide for
> using mingw to compile?
This might help:
http://blogs.tedneward.com/CommentView,guid,229f99f9-1567-4515-b7ba-7262063f329f.aspx

However, note that it's ~ 1 year old, so some tweaking & tuning may be needed.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov