[LLVMdev] Unwinds Gone Wild

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Sep 29 23:54:25 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 12:05 PM, OvermindDL1 <overminddl1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Duncan Sands <baldrick at free.fr> wrote:
>> libgcc is also available for windows.
> Really?  What license?  What restrictions?  Any speed impact over the
> VC runtimes?
Don't mix VC runtime and libgcc. These are totally different libraries for doing different job.
VC exception handling is totally incompatible with the way, gcc does exception handling, so,
in any way you won't be able to 'mix' different EH styles.

As for license - why don't bother looking by yourself? It's easy:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm-gcc-4.2/trunk/gcc/libgcc2.c?view=markup

I don't see any restrictions with using libgcc in gcc-compiled proprietary software unless
you're doing any modification of its code.
--
WBR, Anton Korobeynikov