[LLVMdev] building for sparc-sun-solaris2.10

Mike Stump mrs at apple.com
Fri Oct 31 13:33:01 PDT 2008

On Oct 31, 2008, at 1:10 PM, Luke Dalessandro wrote:
> I've started trying by trying to get sparc-sun-solaris2.10 (niagara)
> working. It appears that neither llvm nor llvm-gcc will build natively
> on the system, so I think that I need to build an llvm-gcc cross
> compiler.

Get a gcc binary from someplace, use that to then build it, then
install and use that, presto, done, and much easier than anything else.

> The documentation for building gcc (in general) as a cross compiler
> seems to be somewhat dated...

The scheme has not changed (much) in the past 15 years.

> 4) Build a glibc.

No, I'd nix this part.

?

> --with-newlib

?

These two are wrong.  You don't want to use newlib.  You want to use
headers from solaris, as otherwise, you'll get:

> ../../../../src/llvm-gcc-svn/gcc/tsystem.h:90:19: error: stdio.h: No
> such file or directory

:-)