[LLVMdev] LLVM as compiler course infrastructure - thanks!

Vikram S. Adve vadve at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 27 19:25:57 PDT 2008

Matt,

I've exchanged email with Chuck and I'm glad to hear your experience
with LLVM for your class has been positive.  Since the project due
date is past, I'd be interested to hear how you think the students
found working with LLVM -- was it hard or easy to learn, and what
parts were the most difficult.  We can take that discussion off list
('reply' will go to llvmdev by default).

I have a collection of course projects for both an introductory and an
advanced compiler class that use LLVM.  I am interested in collecting
materials for additional projects that can be made available for other
faculty.  If you are willing to contribute your project materials,
along with a little help to make it usable by others, I would love to
be able to include it in my collection.

Regards,

--Vikram
Associate Professor, Computer Science