[LLVMdev] CMake builds clang.

Chris Lattner clattner at apple.com
Sun Oct 26 12:06:11 PDT 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
>> It would be simpler for autoconf builds to have a Perl script that
>> updates the CMakeLists.txt files when necessary.  (This doesn't look
>> *that* hard, but I can't say when I'll surface long enough to work
>> on that.)
>
> In theory, it is possible to do this with cmake itself. In practice,
> it
> doesn't matter much because:
>
> 1) either CMake becomes the de facto standard for LLVM, deprecating
> autoconf&&gmake and thus requiring the developers to update the
> CMakeLists.txt files to compile their sources...

FWIW, when it is ready, I'd strongly prefer to use cmake for
everything.  We should have one build system to rule them all, and the
whole reason that cmake seems awesome is that it covers all the build
hosts we care about.

That said, I don't really think the file globbing is that big of a
"feature".  If it turns out that we don't get it with cmake, that's ok.

-Chris