[LLVMdev] 2.4 Pre-release (v1) Available for Testing

Stefanus Du Toit stefanus.dutoit at rapidmind.com
Fri Oct 10 14:02:15 PDT 2008

Hi Oscar,

On 10-Oct-08, at 4:44 PM, Óscar Fuentes wrote:
> I could add that to my CMake build system TODO, but so far I'm a bit
> skeptic about LLVM relevance on the non-Unix world. The Windows build
> can be broken for a long period before anyone notices. The VS2003
> support is broken since a long time ago and, apart from myself, no
> other
> user cares. Seems that LLVM penetration on Windows, for instance, is
> almost nil. Is it really worth the trouble to support things like
> testing on systems that almost nobody (wants to) use?.

Just to add one voice, we're going to be heavily using LLVM on Windows
soon. I was very happy to see your CMake work since we were planning
on doing something similar once we were going to be building on
Windows regularly, and would really like a consistent build system
across Linux/OS X/Windows.

Once we get there we'll be happy to pitch in with an effort like this.
If you come up with something, we may be able to set up some nightly
test machines in the short term for various versions of Windows and
compilers. Email me privately if you're interested.

Stefanus

--
Stefanus Du Toit <stefanus.dutoit at rapidmind.com>
   RapidMind Inc.