[LLVMdev] 2.4 Pre-release (v1) Available for Testing

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Fri Oct 10 13:44:06 PDT 2008

OvermindDL1 <overminddl1 at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]

> On this first compile everything compiled except for llc and lli,
> which did not link due to:
>  unresolved external symbol "class llvm::FunctionPass * __cdecl
> llvm::createPBQPRegisterAllocator(void)"

That is because the lib/CodeGen project file is missing PBQP.cpp.

[snip]

> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Tanya M. Lattner <tonic at nondot.org> wrote:
>> Please COMPLETE ALL TESTING BY the end of the day on Oct. 19th!
> Speaking of, we really need a test suite to test llvm itself, and not
> llvm-gcc (to make sure llvm is correct on platforms without a gcc
> build system).  The closest we have is the Fibinocci project and that
> is anything but conclusive.

I could add that to my CMake build system TODO, but so far I'm a bit
skeptic about LLVM relevance on the non-Unix world. The Windows build
can be broken for a long period before anyone notices. The VS2003
support is broken since a long time ago and, apart from myself, no other
user cares. Seems that LLVM penetration on Windows, for instance, is
almost nil. Is it really worth the trouble to support things like
testing on systems that almost nobody (wants to) use?.

--
Oscar