[LLVMdev] Removal of Visual Studio project files.

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Mon Nov 24 20:18:47 PST 2008

OvermindDL1 <overminddl1 at gmail.com> writes:

>> Chris proposed on IRC to remove the Visual Studio project files and turn
>> CMake into the "standard" for building LLVM with VC++.
>>
>> If you have strong arguments against this, please voice them.
>
> As long as instructions are supplied on how to pass in user defined
> macros to the build system.  I have to turn off a lot of the extra
> safety crap that VC2k5 and higher added
[snip]
> I am sure I am not the only one that does that, so supplying such
> instructions for how to add in your own preprocessor definitions would
> be great.

For C source files:

cmake -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-DSOME_DEF=value -DSOME_OTHER_DEF=value" path/to/llvm

For C++ source files:

cmake -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-DSOME_DEF=value -DSOME_OTHER_DEF=value" path/to/llvm

I'll add this to the docs.

Please list those defines and I will add an option for enabling them all
with a single -D cmake option.

--
Oscar