[LLVMdev] Dynamic configuration for llvmc2

Anton Korobeynikov anton at korobeynikov.info
Tue Nov 18 10:56:21 PST 2008

Hello, Patrick

> How does this sound?
You need to be really careful and separate different aims. Currently
you will definitely sacrifice speed for scriptability. As for
cross-compilers - all $ENV & hooks stuff was introduced to
transparently switch from one compiler tree into another. Maybe this
approach needs to be generalized / rethought.

In general, I'd not go this way due to reasons I already mentioned.
Maybe it will be better to formulate the aims you want to achieve and
think how they can be solved within current infrastructure, or, if
this won't be enough - think how it can be extended in the full
generality.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov