[LLVMdev] Tracking down the "pred_iterator out of range" assert

Scott Michel scooter.phd at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 13:00:45 PDT 2008

I've finally been able to get back to a little hacking, and I've tracked
down the before/after SVN revision numbers where this assert gets triggered:

47988: No assert
47989: Assert gets triggered during 'make check'

This bug pops up when building Release from bootstrap on x86 Darwin (Mac OS
X 10.4.11) using XCode 2.5's gcc 4.0.1. I've looked at the diffs between the
two revision numbers, but didn't get very far. I'll continue to investigate,
but I'm sure there are other llvm developers who can find the problem
somewhat faster.

-scooter