[LLVMdev] Status of LLVM-GCC 4.2?

Joachim Durchholz jo at durchholz.org
Mon Mar 24 04:34:41 PDT 2008

Am Sonntag, den 23.03.2008, 11:22 -0700 schrieb Tanya Lattner:
> 2.2 docs will still have references to llvm-gcc4.0. Can you point out
> specifically which docs you are referring to? I'm pretty sure we were
> ambiguous on which one to use ;) but regardless should be updated.

http://llvm.org/docs/GettingStarted.html#quickstart says on item #4:
"Install the llvm-gcc4.0 (or llvm-gcc4.2) front end if you intend to
compile C or C++"
(Actually this passage should be updated with a hint why one would want
to choose one or the other compiler.)

I'm not sure about other passages, that's just he page I was working
off.

Regards,
Jo