[LLVMdev] Status of LLVM-GCC 4.2?

Tanya Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Sun Mar 23 11:22:10 PDT 2008

On Mar 22, 2008, at 3:37 PM, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Am Samstag, den 22.03.2008, 09:45 -0500 schrieb Andrew Lenharth:
>> officially support for llvm-gcc4.0 has been dropped.
>> unofficially I still keep llvm-gcc4.0 compiling because I need it for
>> some stuff.  But this will only last until I can use 4.2.
>
> OK, that's a clear roadmap.

Please do not rely on llvm-gcc.40. I sent out this announcement last
month:
http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvmdev/2008-February/012416.html

> Maybe the docs should be updated to reflect this status? They still
> present 4.0 as if it were the default that one should use.

2.2 docs will still have references to llvm-gcc4.0. Can you point out
specifically which docs you are referring to? I'm pretty sure we were
ambiguous on which one to use ;) but regardless should be updated.

-Tanya