[LLVMdev] Possible llvm.org Downtime

John Criswell criswell at uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 14 09:48:16 PDT 2008

Dear All,

On Monday, March 17, the computer science building will have its cooling
system turned off for maintenance.  During that time, the offices and
computer labs in the building may get warm, and as a consequence, we may
need to power off machines.

While I am hoping that down time will be unnecessary, we may need to
power down llvm.org during the cooling outage.  It is also possible that
other services, such as the mailing lists, will be powered down as
well.  Please be prepared for downtime.

We are told that the cooling outage will start at 8 am Central time and
last no longer than 4 hours.  We have also been told that it may take a
few hours for temperatures to drop once the cooling system is
restarted.  If we need to take llvm.org down, I'm hoping that the latest
we can have it back up is 1:00 pm, but it depends on how quickly the
room can cool.

My apologies both for any inconvenience this may cause as well as the
inability to predict how long the downtime will last.  We will try to
keep things running as long as we can and to get things back up as soon
as we can should powering down become necessary.

Regards,

John Criswell