[LLVMdev] LiveInterval Splitting & SubRegisters

David Greene dag at cray.com
Tue Jan 22 15:48:17 PST 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 14:23, David Greene wrote:
> Evan,
>
> Can you explain the basic mechanics of the live interval splitting code?
> Is it all in LiveIntervalAnalysis.cpp under addIntervalsForSpills and child
> routines?  What is it trying to do?

I should clarify.  I understand what live range splitting is.  What I'm asking
here is exacly what this particular implementation targets: only live ranges
across loops?  Other stuff?  You mentioned some time ago that the splitting
implementation would be simplistic.  I'm trying to get a handle on how
simplistic it is.  Maybe a better question is, what's _not_ handled/split?

                                          -Dave