[LLVMdev] LLVM and OpenMP

Sebastian Pop sebpop at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:12:15 PST 2008

Hi,

On Nov 29, 2007 6:19 PM, Chris Lattner <sabre at nondot.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Nov 2007, Wojciech Matyjewicz wrote:
> > As for the dependence analysis, I need this piece for my project, and I
> > am preparing myself to write it.
>
> Great!
>
> > I am currently studying some papers, but haven't yet decided on the
> > method. Maybe some of you have experience in the area and would like to
> > advise me something? In the next few days I am going to take a look at
> > the methods based on chains of recurrences algebra. They seem
> > particularly interesting because chrecs are already implemented in the
> > scalar evolution pass.
>
> Yes, I'd strongly suggest implementing one of the approaches based on the
> chrec analysis we have in the scev pass.

Yup, just get the array accesses under scev form, and set a constraint
system from these.  Once you set up the constraint systems for the
dependence distance vectors, you're almost done.  You can look at how
this is set up in gcc trunk tree-data-ref.c, and search for omega.

I would recommend the omega test: get the c++ code for omega lib from
http://www.cs.umd.edu/projects/omega/

Sebastian