[LLVMdev] speeding up compilation and link time

john hull johnhull2008 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 12:14:28 PST 2008

Does anyone have any ideas or tips on how to shorten the time to build? I am
building a new tool (in the llvm/projects directory) and it takes minutes to
fully build the project, possibly because it uses lots of templates and
boost & stl libraries and I am using a slow machine. Specifically, I am
looking for ways to change the Makefile and use precompiled headers and
incremental linking, but still can't figure out how the Makefile is
structured.

compiler: gcc 4.2.0.
build options: ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=0 REQUIRES_EH=1

Thanks.