[LLVMdev] Thank you for selecting my GSoC proposal!

Rajika Kumarasiri rajikacc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 22:46:51 PDT 2008

hi,
See my comments inline

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:39 PM, Tanya M. Lattner <tonic at nondot.org> wrote:

> > I am very much happy to announce that my GSoC 2008 proposal[1] was
> accepted.
> > Thank you very much for accepting my proposal.
> > My mentor is Tanya Lattner.
> > I would like to know how should I communicate with my mentor( using this
> > dev-list, #llvm at Oftc.net or by any other means)?
>
> The best way is to use llvm-dev. The community may have some comments and
> suggestions regarding the project. However, if you need to reach me
> personally, you can do so at this address (tonic 'at' nondot.org).
>
> > I started to work on my project(right now I am further looking into the
> > nightly tester source[2] and the nightly tester script).
> > It's a pleasure to work with LLVM community this time.Thanks again!
>
> My advice is to do the following to get you started:
>
> 1) Build llvm and llvm-gcc (from svn).

I have already done this. I compiled llvm with gcc 4.2.1 and there seems to
be some issues with gcc 4.2.1[1] since this affect my other work I am
planning to compile llvm with gcc 4.0, hope this doesn't have any side
effect with this work.

> 2) Set up a nightly tester and sucessfully send results to the llvm
> server.
>
> Once you have done those two things, you will need to get a replica of the
> llvm server setup on your local machine. You'll need to install apache
> (2.0 flavor), php (4.X), and mysql (4.X).
>
> I'm wrapping up a few things that I have out of tree and will check them
> in this weekend. I'll provide you with the database schema and a script
> for testing adding stuff to the database.

Thanks for the great guide!
-Rajika
[1] - http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-help/2006-07/msg00061.html

comp.lang.c - http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.c/topics