[LLVMdev] Thank you for selecting my GSoC proposal!

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Tue Apr 22 10:09:19 PDT 2008

> I am very much happy to announce that my GSoC 2008 proposal[1] was accepted.
> Thank you very much for accepting my proposal.
> My mentor is Tanya Lattner.
> I would like to know how should I communicate with my mentor( using this
> dev-list, #llvm at Oftc.net or by any other means)?

The best way is to use llvm-dev. The community may have some comments and
suggestions regarding the project. However, if you need to reach me
personally, you can do so at this address (tonic 'at' nondot.org).

> I started to work on my project(right now I am further looking into the
> nightly tester source[2] and the nightly tester script).
> It's a pleasure to work with LLVM community this time.Thanks again!

My advice is to do the following to get you started:

1) Build llvm and llvm-gcc (from svn).
2) Set up a nightly tester and sucessfully send results to the llvm
server.

Once you have done those two things, you will need to get a replica of the
llvm server setup on your local machine. You'll need to install apache
(2.0 flavor), php (4.X), and mysql (4.X).

I'm wrapping up a few things that I have out of tree and will check them
in this weekend. I'll provide you with the database schema and a script
for testing adding stuff to the database.

Lastly, please keep in mind that I do work full time and this is a side
project for me as well. So I won't respond instantly to emails. I'm
occasionally on irc.

-Tanya