[LLVMdev] Setting up new project

Tanya M. Lattner tonic at nondot.org
Fri Apr 11 10:35:34 PDT 2008

> Below is what happens when I attempt to autoconf and configure the
> sample project that ships with LLVM. This is on Mac OS X 10.5 with
> autoconf 2.6.0. For reference, /opt/src-llvm is where my llvm sources
> are, and where I built those sources. My project is in
> /opt/src-llvm/projects/sample.
>
> $ cd /opt/src-llvm/projects/sample
>
> $ cd autoconf/
> $ ./AutoRegen.sh
> Your autoconf was not detected as being 2.5x
>
> I have autoconf 2.6. To keep going I edited AutoRegen.sh and made the
> following change:

This probably isn't going to work. If you want to upgrade the tools, you
need to read this:
http://llvm.org/viewvc/llvm-project/llvm/trunk/autoconf/README.TXT?revision=29529&view=markup
(autoconf/README.TXT)

I would just install 2.5 on your system and make your life easier. Unless
you want to take the steps to upgrade the tools (in that case, please
submit a patch!).

-Tanya