[LLVMdev] LLVM for crosscompiling?

Bill Wendling isanbard at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 22:46:50 PDT 2008

On Apr 6, 2008, at 11:24 AM, Sunjae Park wrote:
> On Sunday 06 April 2008 06:53:06 am Bill Wendling wrote:
>> (snip)
>> Hi Sunjae,
>>
>> You'll need to compile llvm-gcc as a cross-compiler to get it to
>> accept altivec intrinsics and PPC-specific flags.
>>
>> -bw
>
> Thanks, Bill. I was afraid of that.
>
> Any pointers on how to do this? I'm able to build llvm-gcc-4.2 x86
> natively,
> but not the powerpc version.
> Using "--disable-shared --disable-multilib --disable-bootstrap" as
> additional
> flags, I've tried:
>
> powerpc-linux
> powerpc64-linux
> CellSPU-linux
>
> as the target, but powerpc* dies with rs6000.c and the CellSPU
> target wasn't
> recognized. Setting --with-sysroot didn't help either.

I haven't tried this before myself. But you may need to set the --
build, --host, and --target flags to their appropriate values. You can
run "config.guess" to see an example of what some of those values
should be. As for the values for the target machine, I'm not sure how
to get those. Check config.guess again to see what it does.

-bw