[LLVMdev] problem with using DSA for a side-effect analysis

Andrew Lenharth andrewl at lenharth.org
Fri Apr 4 02:38:37 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Zvonimir Rakamaric <zrakamar at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks guys!
>
>  I was looking into ModRef before, but I don't think that's exactly
>  what I need. ModRef API call getModRefInfo requires a Value to be
>  passed to it. However, some memory location M (which is a <DSNode,
>  offset> pair) visible to the caller can be modified in the callee
>  without any Value in the caller actually pointing to that location. I
>  also need to capture those...
>
>  I would need a call similar to getModRefInfo, just where second
>  parameter is not a Value, but a DSNodeHandle pointing to the memory
>  location in the caller whose ModRef status I would like to find out.
>  Do you maybe have anything similar to that?

I haven't looked at the dsaaa implementation for quite a while, but
that would be the place to start.  If the DSNodeHandle corrosponds to
anything in the current function, you could just use that as a value,
but it won't always.  Eitherway, seeing how DSAaa does this would be
the best code to start from.

Andrew