[LLVMdev] problem with using DSA for a side-effect analysis

Zvonimir Rakamaric zrakamar at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 14:53:55 PDT 2008

Thanks guys!

I was looking into ModRef before, but I don't think that's exactly
what I need. ModRef API call getModRefInfo requires a Value to be
passed to it. However, some memory location M (which is a <DSNode,
offset> pair) visible to the caller can be modified in the callee
without any Value in the caller actually pointing to that location. I
also need to capture those...

I would need a call similar to getModRefInfo, just where second
parameter is not a Value, but a DSNodeHandle pointing to the memory
location in the caller whose ModRef status I would like to find out.
Do you maybe have anything similar to that?

-- Zvonimir