[LLVMdev] Cygwin support completely dropped?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Sep 25 21:17:45 PDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 6:54 PM, nkavv at physics.auth.gr wrote:

>>> I believe Aaron Gray has had success building llvm on Cygwin:
>>> http://www.aarongray.org/LLVM/BuildingLLVMonCygwin.html
>>>
>>> However, those instructions may be a bit out of date...
>>>

> Tanya:
> OK. And how about the clang frontend. Is it usable without having
> dependencies
> with the rest of the infrastructure?

As Tanya said, it's usable if you have llvm, but doesn't require llvm-
gcc.  clang isn't going to be an official part of the 2.1 release
because it's not generally useful for people yet (but is a great tool
to build on top of).

> Is it possible to use Bruno's MIPS backend on LLVM 2.0?

It uses different APIs and would require significant work to
backport.  Anything is possible though :)

-Chris