[LLVMdev] Cygwin support completely dropped?

nkavv at physics.auth.gr nkavv at physics.auth.gr
Tue Sep 25 18:54:57 PDT 2007

> > I believe Aaron Gray has had success building llvm on Cygwin:
> > http://www.aarongray.org/LLVM/BuildingLLVMonCygwin.html
> >
> > However, those instructions may be a bit out of date...

Tanya:
OK. And how about the clang frontend. Is it usable without having dependencies
with the rest of the infrastructure?

Which are your typical Linux platforms for LLVM and llvm-gcc frontend and clang?

Is it possible to use Bruno's MIPS backend on LLVM 2.0?

> I have been unable to build either llvm-gcc-4 or llvm-gcc-4.2 on the LLVM
> 2.1 prerelease 1. Sorry I dont have the time or inclination to solve either
> of these at the moment.
>
> There are previous posts by me on this list regarding the errors.
>
> I do intend to solve llvm-gcc-4.2 on Cygwin at some point in the future for
> GCC++ LLVM support however I cannot do this for the LLVM 2.1 release :(
>
> Aaron

Aaron:
Thank you for the information. I'll start from there.
Where you able to build the llvm-2.0 release on Cygwin?

Kind regards
Nikolaos Kavvadias