[LLVMdev] Cygwin support completely dropped?

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Tue Sep 25 15:03:35 PDT 2007

>> it seems that it has been sometime that anyone had success with building
>> llvm
>> (2.0 or 2.1 prerelease) on Cygwin/XP. i have been using gcc-4.0.2 with no
>> success.
>>
>> is anyone working on Cygwin or not? i feel that having Cygwin as a
>> supported
>> platform is at least misleading since noone is building on Cygwin.
>>
>> I recall llvm-1.4 to 1.6 building decently on Cygwin even with gcc-3.3.3.
>
> I believe Aaron Gray has had success building llvm on Cygwin:
> http://www.aarongray.org/LLVM/BuildingLLVMonCygwin.html
>
> However, those instructions may be a bit out of date...
>
> If you are still encountering problems, please file bugs or submit
> patches. The majority of LLVM developers do not use Cygwin, so its quite
> possible there are problems.

I have been unable to build either llvm-gcc-4 or llvm-gcc-4.2 on the LLVM
2.1 prerelease 1. Sorry I dont have the time or inclination to solve either
of these at the moment.

There are previous posts by me on this list regarding the errors.

I do intend to solve llvm-gcc-4.2 on Cygwin at some point in the future for
GCC++ LLVM support however I cannot do this for the LLVM 2.1 release :(

Aaron