[LLVMdev] troubles with llvm-gcc 4.0 and APFloat on X86_64

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Mon Oct 22 04:28:51 PDT 2007

Dietmar,

> this fixes single precision floating point but breaks double precision.
> for arm-softfloat-linux-gnu, FLOAT_WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN is true while
> WORDS_BIG_ENDIAN is false. as far as i've seen, there's only a single
> flag for endianess in the llvm target description string, so i don't
> really understand how this is supposed to work.
Hrm, I think I even noticed this during llvm-gcc 4.2 bring up, but it
seems I've completely forgotten to raise this question.

> i wonder how other people are cross compiling for arm-linux-gnu?
> any help would be highly appreciated!
This stuff should be clearly investigated and reworked. All gcc-related
stuff is in real.c / real.h

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.