[LLVMdev] LLVM and OpenMP

Pertti Kellomäki pertti.kellomaki at tut.fi
Tue Nov 27 11:32:32 PST 2007

Devang Patel wrote:
> cool. Is it listed at http://llvm.org/Users.html ?

Doesn't seem to be. I'll have to prod the guys.

> If you're using llvm-gcc-4.0 to get llvm bitcode for analysis then
> front-end is ignoring OpenMP pragmas. if you're trying to use llvm-
> gcc-4.2 then most likely it won't work, because llvm bitcode emitter
> has not been updated to handle OpenMP.  If you're getting  llvm
> bitcode (without going through llvm-gcc) and somehow annotating it
> with OpenMP instructions (I don't know how) then also I CBackend,
> which is used by llc, won't be able to handle it at the moment.

Thanks for the information. The vague idea was to annotate bitcode
with OpenMP instructions or maybe modify OpenMP instructions
present in the original source. But it seems that this would
not be possible at least in a straightforward fashion.

> If you're interested, we welcome contribution on OpenMP front.

We'd be happy to contribute, if something eventually comes out.
--
Pertti