[LLVMdev] reading a module from a memory string (BitCode)

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile at starynkevitch.net
Sun May 13 23:43:32 PDT 2007

>> Apparently BitcodeReader.h is only in lib/Bitcode/Reader/ but not in
>> include, so a make install does not install it.

>I'm not sure what you mean... the header is in include/llvm/Bitcode.

>> Is it supposed to be accessible from applications? How exactly? I feel that
>> some install rule is missing; after a sudo make install,
>>  grep -rn BitcodeReader /usr/local/include/llvm/
>> don't find any occurrence! Is this a bug or a misunderstanding of mine?

>I think there is something strange going on :)  Try doing a full update

I just cleaned entirely my local CVS  copy, and  checked it out again.

Then I mkdir _Obj64 (on Linux/Debian/Sid/AMD64 system, with g++-4.1) and did
  cd /usr/src/Lang/llvm/_Obj64
  # prefix is the default /usr/local/
   "../configure" '--enable-static' '--enable-targets=host-only' '--enable-doxygen' '--with-gnu-ld'
  make
  sudo make install

But still getting
 find  /usr/local/include/llvm -name 'Bit*eader*'
/usr/local/include/llvm/Bitcode/BitstreamReader.h

and  grep -rni BitcodeReader /usr/local/include/llvm
remains desperately silent.

Obviously, I made a mistake which I cannot find yet. Any help please?

Regards.