[LLVMdev] "deserialize primitive type 16 (vers=0, pos=15)" with Visual Studio

Seung Jae Lee lee225 at uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 28 12:47:34 PDT 2007

I followed the steps in "Getting Started with the LLVM System using Microsoft Visual Studio" in the document in LLVM page.

I made hello.c file exactly same shown in the page.
I made hello.bc on UNIX and transferred it to my Windows computer.
And I typed "llc -march=c hello.bc"
(Of course, I downloaded the latest version of LLVM and compiled with VS before this.)
But my command prompt can't run this with the following statement.

llc: bytecode didn't read correctly
Reason: Don't know how to deserialize primitive type 16 (vers=0, pos=15)

Hmmmm... Is there any body having been exposed to this?

Thanks,
Seung Jae Lee