[LLVMdev] PR1350 (Vreg subregs) questions

Christopher Lamb christopher.lamb at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 09:42:20 PDT 2007

On Jun 11, 2007, at 7:22 PM, Evan Cheng wrote:

> On Jun 11, 2007, at 6:14 PM, Christopher Lamb wrote:
>

>> What's the best way to get an SDNode through to DAG scheduling
>> without getting mangled during Lowering/ISel?
>
> What do you mean by "mangled"? Please clarify.

My mangled I mean the nodes shouldn't be isel'ed into anything else
because they need to survive through to scheduling. Is there a
preferred means of having those nodes skipped during selection and
lowering?

>> When should subregs be flattened to actual registers: AsmPrinter?
>> Somewhere in LiveIntervals, during RegAlloc?
>
> You mean turning part of a larger physical register into a sub-
> register?

Yes.

> I would think LiveIntervals or else copy coalescing might
> not work right.

Ok. Can you give me some hints as to starting points in LiveIntervals?

--
Chris

> Evan
>

>> Is there are common API used to turn vregs into physregs that could
>> be changed to flatten any subregs in a central location?
>> --
>> Christopher Lamb

Christopher Lamb