[LLVMdev] Web Site Re-Design

me22 me22.ca at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 19:46:57 PDT 2007

On 27/07/07, Gabriel McArthur <madeonamac at gmail.com> wrote:
> I offered to do the web site a couple of weeks ago.  Life got in the
> way temporarily, and it took me a long time to make it look the way
> that I wanted and to make it look the same in IE6.  Anyway, I wanted
> to get some feedback on what I had done.

Very nice and clean.

A few comments:
1) The header looks like it could be 1/2 as tall without losing anything.
2) Please use ems (or some other non-absolute size) for the widths.  I
really like my big, widescreen monitor, but sites that set the content
width to 800 pixels just look silly, especially since I have the font
sizes somewhat higher than usual. (80 em is often a decent choice for
the main content area.)
3) The headers in the sidebar don't wrap, so the "oject" in "The LLVM
Project" ends up under the main content section. (Though solving 2 may
well solve this one as well.)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070630
BonEcho/2.0.0.4

~ Scott