[LLVMdev] Cygwin release build error

Anton Korobeynikov asl at math.spbu.ru
Wed Feb 28 13:43:04 PST 2007

Hello, Aaron.

> This is still at the stage of using xgcc.exe AFAICT before any LLVM bytecode
> generation.
Yep. But xgcc generates code via LLVM! So, you can just copy command
line from your terminal, add -emit-llvm, run it and you'll see, that
resulting .o will be LLVM bytecode (or won't if FE will crash).

> __eprintf is a very simple function so I do not know what could be wrong
> here.
Anything, actually. libgcc is the first target of misc. codegen-related
crashes, because it's the first code being compiled with newly-built
llvm-gcc.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov.

Faculty of Mathematics & Mechanics, Saint Petersburg State University.