[LLVMdev] llvm-gcc-4.2 and gfortran

dalej dalej at apple.com
Fri Dec 28 20:41:45 PST 2007

On Dec 27, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Chris Lattner wrote:
>> Lastly, are there any issues with running the gcc testsuite
>> within the llvm-gcc-4.2 directories that I should be aware of?
>> Thanks in
>> advance for any information.
>
> I think there are a number of failures, many of which are bogus/
> useless (looking for GCC optimizer dumps that llvm-gcc doesn't run,
> for example), but it should run.  Anton and Dale would know more.

Yes, although I have never tried Fortran.  There are currently
hundreds of failures in the C/C++ parts of the testsuites.  Many are
looking for microoptimizations that llvm doesn't currently do
(especially with builtins), or gcc extensions/features that llvm
doesn't support or doesn't support well (nested functions, exporting
the address of labels, exotic inline assembly, profiling, debugging
optimized code, etc.).  Some more serious failures are structure
layout incompatibilities, a known problem.  You can probably expect a
similar failure level in Fortran.